St. Mary's is a Catholic School under the trusteeship of C.E.I.S.T. It is a Christian Community seeking to promote Gospel values, especially love and freedom in a dynamic partnership of Students, Staff, Parents, Trustees, Management and the wider Community. Respect for self, for others and for the environment is a core value. In a spirit of loving care and with a commitment to breadth, balance and excellence in education, we seek to develop the full potential of every student: academic, spiritual, moral, physical, cultural, social, emotional, aesthetic and vocational.
- An environment shall be provided in which each student can live out her Christian commitment with opportunities for prayer, worship and a deeper understanding of the Christian way of life.
- Quality teaching and learning shall ensure strong academic achievement.
- A warm, friendly, cooperative climate, with mutual respect and a team approach to problem solving, shall be present.
- St. Mary’s Secondary School supports respect for diversity of traditions, values, beliefs, languages and ways of life in society. Special care shall be given to weak or marginalized.
- Students shall be prepared for life and for relationships, learning respect for others and for the environment. Talents for the creative use of leisure shall be cultivated.
- A comprehensive Careers Guidance Service shall facilitate the formation of life goals and career plans.
- Involvement of all partners in the education process, shall be welcomed and encouraged.
- Opportunities shall be provided for the personal/professional development of staff and for the affirmation of their commitment and dedication.