Business Studies helps you to make more informed decisions in the everyday business of living. It gives you a better understanding of the world of work. It encourages you to think about how and why people start up in business and why you too might also consider starting a business.
What will I learn in Business Studies?
Some of the things you will learn include:
- good communication skills such as letter writing and report writing
- how to collect, organise, and record financial information for yourself, your family, for clubs you may be a member of, and for businesses you may be employed with in the future
- what your rights and responsibilities are as a consumer (someone who buys or uses goods and services - that’s you!)
- how to calculate your wages when you start working (including the minimum wage)
- about why our membership of the European Union is so important to our economy.