Skip to content
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Twitter

Telephone: 067 31450


Caption Here

Senior Cycle

Leaving Certificate: Duration 2 Years

Senior Cycle Core Curriculum: English, Irish, Maths, French or German, P.E. and Religious Studies...
Optional Subjects (Depending on uptake): Agricultural Science,Art, Accounting, Biology, Business Organisation, Chemistry, Design and Communication Graphics (DCG),  Economics, French, Geography, German, History, Home Economics, Music, Physics and Technology.

Extra Curricular Activities:

  • Artistic & Cultural Activities  - Art, Choir, Drama, Debating, Public Speaking, Educational Tours, Music, Theatre visits, Visiting Poets and Novelists, Plays, Musicals, etc.
  • Sport - Athletics, Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country Running, Camogie, Hockey, Orienteering, Tennis, Squash, Swimming and Volleyball.

Leaving Certificate Applied (L.C.A)

  • The L.C.A is an alternative Leaving Certificate Programme.
  • It is a new approach to education and training.
  • Students apply their knowledge, skills and experience to practical tasks at school, in the workplace and in the wider community.
  • L.C.A. challenges young people by setting major practical and cross curricular tasks.
  • It promotes personal and communication skills, initiative and enterprise, teamwork and high achievement.
  • It prepares young people for adult and working life and enables them to make decisions about further education and training.
  • It has elements of continuous assessment as well as end of year exams. Students are assessed on the courses they have taken as well as their communication, problem solving, practical and interpersonal skills, through interview/project work/aural/oral and written examinations.

Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme (L.C.V.P)

The L.C.V.P. is a senior cycle programme designed to give a strong vocational dimension to the Leaving Certificate.
Students take two optional subjects from a list of accepted subject groupings and study an extra subjects called Link Modules. Learning is activity based with 60% of the final result based on a portfolio of work built up over the two years of the programme and the remaining 40% on a 2.5 hour written paper. It is accepted for CAO points with 70 points awarded for the top distinction grade, 50 for a merit and 30 for pass.