Home Economics is a subject where you will learn how to take care of yourself, others, your home and your environment. As Home Economics is a very practical subject, you will carry out a lot of activities in school and at home.
What will I learn in Home Economics?
Some of the things you will learn about are:
- your body - what is good to eat and how to keep healthy
- food - how it nourishes your body, how to choose it, store it, and how to prepare and cook it
- using money - how to spend it wisely, how to save it, and how you are protected as a consumer
- your home - about design in the home, about safety and hygiene
- design and craftwork, child development, textiles - you will carry out a project in one of these areas.